Dad Shoots Son Over Country Karaoke Song
July 19, 2012
A 70-year-old man is alleged to have shot his son – because he didn’t like his country music karaoke singing.
William Oller Sr told his son ‘I’m going to shut you up’ before getting a handgun from his truck car and shooting his son four times.
William Oller Jr was shot in shoulder, arm and chest and also sustained a head wound during the fight with his father outside their home in Redding California.
Somebody should write a song about this. A country song!
Bonus: Actual Country Song Titles, from Uncle John’s Slightly Irregular Bathroom Reader (page 283):
- “I Gave Her My Heart and a Diamond and She Clubbed Me With a Spade”
- “You’re a Hard Dog to Keep Under the Porch”
- “Four on the Floor and a Fifth under the Seat”
- “You Done Stomped on My Heart (and You Mashed That Sucker Flat)”
- “I Went Back to My Fourth Wife for the Third Time and Gave Her a Chance to Make a First Class Fool Out of Me”
- “You Can’t Have Your Kate and Edith Too”
- “I’d Rather Pass a Kidney Stone That Another Night With You”
- “Feelin’ Single and Drinkin’ Doubles”
- “If My Nose Was Full of Nickels, I’d Blow It All on You”
- “I Bought the Shoes That Just Walked Out on Me”
- “Jesus Loves Me but He Can’t Stand You”
- “I Fell in a Pile of You and Got Love All Over”
- “One Day When You Swing That Skillet (My Face Ain’t Gonna Be There)”
- “I Gave Her the Ring, and She Gave Me the Finger”
- “Thanks to the Cathouse, I’m in the Doghouse with You”
- “You’re the Ring Around My Bathtub, You’re the Hangnail of My Life”
- “I Want a Beer as Cold as My Ex-Wife’s Heart”
- “Did I Shave My Legs for This?”
- “If You Can’t Live without Me, Why Aren’t You Dead?”
- “I Wouldn’t Take Her to a Dawg Fight, ‘Cause I’m Afraid She’d Win”
- “He’s Got a Way with Women…and He Just Got Away With Mine”
Share and Enjoy